View Single Post
      03-12-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
scottomfg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 Cayman S 6MT, '21 X5 45E

Steve, I wouldn't worry about the change on your MY BMW screen. the BMW website is kinda crap, and I would be shocked if they took the effort to be serving images from two separate model years for the image displayed there simultaneously. When I first started tracking my car it showed the old model that i didn't want, and then yesterday it switched over to the new model. i'm certain they just changed the images that are being pulled for all x1 orders regardless of MY. And as I recall, yours is among the last of the old ones produced, so not too many people are effected by them changing it now as 95% of 2014s have already been delivered (i.e. BMW said, eh, good enough).

Also, they didn't add a silver trim piece to the front dam, they simply modified it, adding some details and making it wider (this matches the LCI changes to the x3 and the new x4). Personally, I think it's a fantastic addition that provides some nice details to break up what was kind of a bland expanse, and the widening does nicely to balance the look. But as with any visual changes, it's entirely subjective.

2014 981 Cayman S 6MT, X73 Suspension, SES
2021 X5 45e MSport, Manhattan Green, Coffee Merino, Review & Photos
Previous: '18 340 GT, '15 M235i 6MT, '15 i3 REx, '15 x1 xDrive28i
Appreciate 0