View Single Post
      01-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
WiredRacing
Rep
Drives: 2012 X1 28i

Yeah I did the back to back with a 328ix Touring with it's Auto, the 328ix Sedan (as they had no tourings in manual on the lot) in manual and also an X3 (on a different night). The X1 is very surprising. I think it's because you look at it and think "baby X3". But once you stop looking at it like a truck (which it really isn't) and more like a car, it starts to make sense.

The X3 just felt like we were driving a truck/suv which neither of us care for. I did not care for the 328ix's auto (2011 model). And while I prefer manual, I did not dislike the 8AT here. After driving the car for the past 5 months now, I don't regret our choice with this 8AT. When I need to make maneuvers, the manual shifting is quick and on-demand. When I'm just putting around, traffic, whatever, the auto helps with the fuel economy with it's "D" mode shift points.

The car has become a perfect fit for my family right now (3 of us). It doesn't quite have the utility our Honda Fit did, but we're pretty much done home reno's anyhow.

Loaded it's a bit too expensive IMO. But if you can live with it in base trim, I'm not sure anything else can really touch it.

If you don't need the space... (i.e. if I didn't need the utility of it) I would likely be all over the new 328. Looks like there's a lot to like in that vehicle.
Appreciate 0