View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Thanks for input everyone. Here's what my SA at Beverly Hills BMW told me: the coolant was a little low but not dangerously so. "New BMWs sometimes go through a period of adjustment and things like this happen," he basically said. He didn't say anything on the EcoPro theory. He suggested that if I get the warning light again, I could either bring it in or just put some distilled water in. Writing it up it might come across as if he didn't take this seriously, but that wasn't the impression as we talked. Anyway, my one year service is in two months, so we'll see. They checked the whole coolant system and saw no defect. But if the coolant level gets low again, I'll definitely bring up the "overflow tank" issue.

One slight annoyance - I had never reset my main trip computer, but when I got the X1 back it had been reset. So before I coudl read my average speed and MPG since I bought the X1 last November. I forget what the average speed was, but I know my MPG was exactly at 28, through 11,600 miles, due to one long road trip in early July where I was able to get some real highway cruising in for a few hundred miles. Oh well, no big deal. I'll just compare my trip computer MPG readings now to my pump calculations. In regular Los Angeles driving, I average around 27.5 per refill.
Appreciate 0