View Single Post
      06-21-2015, 05:28 AM   #3
Dmitry83
Second Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: F30 320i (328i ECU) M-Sport

Hi and thanks for the intetest!)

Yes, I have standard non-M shocks since no S226A option in the list of equipment. Though the stock Sport Line spring are obviously like 10mm lower than those on xLine comparing two cars standing near.

Hard to say about the rear axle control which you described, since the whole stock car was quite floaty on the acceleration, braking and turns, behaving itself like a motorboat, resulting frightening driving commands delay. All that felt the springs are too soft and long. But when the initial softness is taken by body roll- the car is nicely controlled (i.e. long turn steering corrections, steering under braking etc). So to my point of view, there were no harsh hits or jumps and vertical body swinging (as it was with my E81 120i with M-Sport suspension). Thus the shocks itself make nice job, absorbing hits without crashing to the body, and with no disgusting rear end vertical dancing after passing the high bridge joints or something of that kind.
Now I would consider front H&R springs to be even stiffer than the rears, giving a fantastic steering responce, but at the price of stiff punches.
Well, let's give them several days to break-in.

PS
NTTY, I see the Powerflex rear subframe bushings inserts in your signature. Had you those installed before or after the KW V1? What is your opinion on that mod?
On E81 the rear was floaty, while probably due to overally softer suspension on E84 I did not feel this as pronounced.
Thanks.
F80 bottom reinforcement plate
Koni Sport, M-Performance springs, M135i Anti-roll bars

Last edited by Dmitry83; 06-21-2015 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0