View Single Post
      12-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #6
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

The X3 was part of our selection too however brief it was. Oddly externally it is so big vs the X1. However internally it's not much more than the X1. Anyway coming from a history of sporty wagons like the WRX wagon (stage II), Mazda6 GT wagon it was tough to accept a large appliance for a family hauler.

Granted we are not the oversize North America family. Want to keep to an efficient road footprint. 80% of our trips uses less than 50% of the X1's cargo area. We have a hitch at the rear. Might look into a roof rack system for long road trips.

We'd probably hit the Allroad and 3-Touring after the X1. I count myself very fortunate to be able to snag what is the last of the classic dynamic BMWs as this company marches towards mass appealing luxury appliances. It's not always about acceleration that mfg is trying to mask for their million pound luxo-barges. The steering feel, chassis interaction and suspension work culminates to a grin inducing "man can I do this again?!" drive vs. "let's just get there" drive.

The E84 has that good 'ol BMW Joie de vivre that makes us smile even if it is a trip to the grocery store. I do secretly envy my wife as it is her DD and look forward to the weekends where I get to drive it.
Appreciate 0