View Single Post
      06-18-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
MCFC_UK
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 23d xDrive Msport

New X1 owner - so many questions!

Hi all, I've just bought a 2011 X1 23d xDrive Msport and overall I'm loving it so far... for the past 10yrs I've owned lease cars so not been able to mod them - so looking forward to modding the X1! (pic below)

So i've run the VIN through an online decoder to find out what options the car has and I've got a few questions:

1. I've got the professional nav with 8" screen (CIC iDrive) and business phone prep with Bluetooth audio streaming (nice) but the car doesn't have a USB socket - just an aux input...? I've looked at the phone cradle in the armrest and under the blanking plate there is a gold BMW connector - I presume this is some type of BMW version of USB? SO... is there a lead available to convert the gold connector to USB? and if so would I get audio streaming as well as charging from it?

2. How do you turn off the rear parking sensors???? I don't mean all the time I just mean if I reverse the car into a parking bay and the wife jumps out to go to the shop the car just carries on bleeping - it's driving me nuts! Taking the car out of reverse doesn't stop them and the only solution seems to be turning the car off and on again?

3. The car has the Xenon headlights which are great but the yellow angel eyes look terrible - I think I can swap out the bulbs for H8 LED's but has anyone got any experience doing this? Some reviews online of the cheaper bulbs say they are not very bright or only light the inner halo's but I don't really want to spend £200+ on LUX bulbs lol

That's it for now - I know there are loads more I want to ask but I can't think at the minute...

Here's a pic of the car

Last edited by MCFC_UK; 06-18-2020 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 0