View Single Post
      04-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #3
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

I would rather they didn't at this stage. They need a proper sports car program for the M4 to replace the Z4 GT3, and they need a factory backed touring car program for either the F30 or the F21.

As yet the F30 has bugger all worth talking about in terms of motorsports victories. The E21, E30, E36, E46 and E90, we're all regular sights on track.

I do love DTM, but it has zero relevance to the road cars. And, the M235i Racing is great looking little racecar, but I'm not sure how many series it can actually compete in outside VLN.

F1 is a joke, it's not accessible for the majority of fans, and really what will they gain? BMW.WilliamsF1 and BMW Sauber F1... a $3billion bill for what, a few race wins (1 as BMW, the rest with Williams), to be in the 'pinnacle' of motorsport?.. how much is that really worth, when Renault have more wins and titles? The 3 series has taken a long, long list of championship titles over the years, in close to production series and GT series, and now.. nothing.

Hey, if they enter, I'll cheer for them on the occasional times I can catch F1 on TV... but I'd still rather be able to go a local track and watch them race in something first hand.
Appreciate 0