View Single Post
      09-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
Mayan144
Registered
Rep
Drives: E84

Just took delivery of x1 28i -- Love it!

I just came out of an E92 lease and I loved that car.

I took delivery of a Mineral White 28i x drive with Cold Weather, Ultimate but didn't bother with the special trims. I took it as a 36 mo. lease with 15K p/yr. Essentially negotiated a flat deal; MSRP $40,745, selling price $37,562, included the $1000 for the Olympic Drive and $750 for loyalty. The other nice bit is that doing the deal in NJ, I could apply multiple security deposits, which further reduced my monthly payment (at least I get it back at lease end) down to $435 and change a month. I'm not sure if that's available in any other state. The dealer was also kind enough to eat my last payment on the turn in. I have yet to see another one on the road around here, but I expect them to be popping up soon.

It doesn't feel as tacked down to the road my old sport packaged E92, but it's more than adequate, still drives better than the others I've tried (Tiguan, Audi Q ... won't even put the F30 in this company). It's still plenty zippy enough to get me into trouble with tickets if I'm not careful and very agile. It's also nice that I don't have to fill the tank every 4 days.

And now I don't even mind hauling the dog around. Was a real pain getting a German Shepherd into a coupe.
Appreciate 0