View Single Post
      04-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #1
Nash
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive 2.0d

X Line option - $1000 odd dollars in Australia

Spent some time deliberating about this since I bought the Xdrive 2.0D but in the end decided against it. And although pretty tight fisted by nature, $1000 dollars is not a consideration when you are spending $65 for a car that at least I will keep for 2 or 3 years. Basically I think X line option looks sort of cheap - like a Mitsubishi Outlander or Hyundai - the big scuff plates also clutter the very nice lines of the X1. Black also looks great on the white or black paintwork...that is a definite, unequivocal.
Perhaps if the roof rails were chrome?? But aluminum paint looks like aluminum paint!! There is also sufficient silver paint with the front and back scuff plates; reduced somewhat without X line but still visible. Anyway these are my thoughts and I would suggest that anybody who is doubting their decision to add X line and hasn't yet committed ...delete it. Myself, I have no doubt, now that I have seen the two options side by side.
I bought graphite blue with which I am reasonably happy .... (I have had too many grey cars) it was great to see some photos of the graphite blue on this sight a few weeks ago.
Appreciate 0