04-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #6
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
I just got a call from my dealer offering AU$2,495 for window tint, color protection coating and interior protection (from the boot carpet, dash etc). They said they will install these before the delivery. If I do it later it will cost me few hundred dollars extra as they have to inspect the whole car before doing it. Also, they said they could negotiate with the price a bit. Individually they cost: $695 for tint, $1,695 for color protection coating & $1,395 for interior protection. Also, the color warranty that comes with new car only covers defect color, bubbles etc not the natural fading. Just wondering if its worth it. Any experience, suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jay
I do believe BMW accessories are way overpriced especially in Aust.
Where I am BMW used to send all it's cars out for tinting. They now have their own Tinting Dept., only at head office, that requires Special Techs./Mechanics to do Tinting.
They remove door trims and do to bottom of window the darkest legal colour with 99% UVA.
Also mentioned has airbag inside and needs slight modification.
You have to leave overnight to let dry and recheck before delivery. COST - Around AUD$900.
I intend to keep my X1 so will bite the bullet on the extra cost which by the way gives me extra quality, benefits and warranty.
Your AUD$695 maybe outside tinter with BMW mark up.
''Tint a Car'' quoted me around AUD$500 with 3 tint options. I don't know if they interfere with the door trim or not.
One of the other alternatives is to look at the ''Do it Yourself'' video's on the I/Net.
We ALL have different circumstances but we all have to know exactly what we are getting.
Appreciate 0