01-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #64
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulberry View Post
Ok I like the look, its a shame that the power of the engine was not increased to a similar level to that achieved by A C Scnitzer.

I now have a problem:

1 - Do I trade in my current X1 23d that has spec that cost just shy of £40k for a new M Sport version? It has only 6000 miles on the clock and is 'box fresh'
2 - Do I ask BMW to upgrade my cars body work to M Sport Specification under their individual department, and then have ACS tune the engine and badge the vehical?
3 - Do I wait and see what the other proposed variants of the X1 will look like?
4 - Do I upgrade to a X3 M Sport?
5 - Do I wait for the new Porsche Cajun?...I do like Posche build quality, and miss my Boxster.
6 - Do I keep my car as it is and buy a second sports car for the summer for the amount that it will cost to change?

I know what my accountant will say but my heart is torn between a new car or perhaps the upgrade to M Sport body spec. The OEM parts are available. My current car has sports suspension, 18" blade alloys, Xenons, black roof lining, sunroof, de badged etc....the list goes on. It's still under a year old and with the service pack has predictable running costs. Oh and its a private rather than company car, so the decision is mine.

What would you do?
What I would do (and probably will)

Wanted the new Porsche Cajun although this will most likely only be released late 2012. But I love my X1 so am now keeping it long term and looking at the Cayman.

Then after 3 years hope they have the X1M out
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0