View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #38
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

OK, so after extensive research I finally have some answers on these wheels. I contacted Phil777, the thread starter, who put me in touch with his Canadian tire dealer. Phil was correct - the wheels are not Macpek, but Euro Klasse wheels from YKW Motorports. Euro Klasse wheels are quality replicas, not cheap knock-offs. They are not made in China but Thailand, although word has it some are stamped with "Made in Germany". Maybe they moved their manufacturing?

There is no US distributor for YKW, and I can't find a Canadian dealer willing to ship to the US. Since I can't find a dealer, I was able to convince YKW to sell and ship direct to me . But they are out of stock on the silver painted wheels and only have the machined face version . As some of you know, clearcoated machined wheels are not terribly durable - particularly where salt is involved. I planned to wait for the silver finish, but they couldn't tell me when, or even if, they would be available again. Maybe it's for the best, as it forced me to buy a 17" package from Tire Rack which is far more practical, even if they don't look as good.

http://ykwmotorsports.com/index.php?...er=EURO+KLASSE
Appreciate 0