View Single Post
      09-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Dash cam for the X1

Bought this Blackvue camera a little while back, mostly in case of an accident. But it works as a witness for other things like this car fire the other day going into work.

I come up on this guy's honda that has caught fire in the engine compartment. As I drive up he's on his cell phone walking back toward the car, as you can see on the left, (I assume calling 911) so I park and get out and ask him if he has an extinguisher (shakes his head no). So I grab mine and attempt to put it out, but it's not enough. So I asked him did he just call 911, and he says no. So I tell him to call 911 and get a fire truck on the way, then walk back to my car to put up the empty extinguisher. Walk back to him and ask if the fire dept was on the way, he says "no speak english good" Told him to go ahead and call they have people that speak spanish. Walk back to the car to get my cell phone to call work and say I'll be late, and turn around as he's handing his phone to me to talk to 911 and get a truck on the way. So you'll see a break in the video from when I first pull up on it, then as it starts back after all that in the description is done and were waiting on the fire dept.

(you'll also notice me back up a little from time to time as the fire continues to spread on the car)

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0