12-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
iride4u
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35 M-Sport Dinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYohay View Post
i had a FBO N54 335 with CPO. had all my injectors, sparks, pumps, even turbos all changed without issues.
all i would do is take out the tune before i went in (and add a dp fix).
i understand with BOLT ONS alot of it is a relationship with your SA.
but with just a tune, the onlything your saving yourself is 15 minutes of removal time with a JB4, or 1 minute with a cobb.

i recognize i am not the average SUV owner.
i have a stage 2 (intake, downpipe, and tune) x5 xdrive35.
i just cannot fathom how anyone thinks $2000 is worth not having to spend 15 minutes to remove a better tune that also will not interfere with warranty.
the only valid argument that i cannot refute is that it can be rolled into your lease or finance payments.....but if you own it, your just being stubborn and ignorant. (IMHO)
I think that we all realize that you are not the average X1 owner. My Dinan tune was part of the deal. As I have said before I am not after ultimate HP or torque. What I wanted and got is a well behaved vehicle that has more usable power than the stock X1. What I got as a bonus is a better driving unit that is smoother than the stock X1. In Colorado we have a lot of mountain roads and most cars with automatic transmissions hunt. That is something that I can not stand. Many very nice vehicles were removed from my list of possible replacements do to poor handling, poor hill climbing ability or just a heavy feel. This X1 has none of these problems and it also has the sport seats so Barb does not move around when I go into a corner a little hot. Would I like to have a sports car again? Yes for the performance but no because of the problems of ingress and egress.
Appreciate 0