View Single Post
      08-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #72
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

One thing that is forgotten about when being negative about the F12/F13 is that it is very unique in that it has 4 seats that are usable by people. Sure you won't get 4 6'6" people into one, but it is possible to get 5'9" tall people into the back seat and be somewhat comfortable with people that are under 6" in the front seats.

The only other coupes that do that currently for sale with a V8 or more cylinders are the S Class Coupe and the Ferrari FF/GTC4.

That is why I want my next car to be an F13 M6. I own an 850CSi because I wanted a V12 with a 6 speed and the 850i is just too slow! The M6 will be my new daily however to replace my C63.

I like the idea of a Vantage/911/R8 or whatever fighter, but surely that means it will be a two seater and then it should be called a Z6 or Z8 or whatever you want to call it, rather than a normal 6 or 8 series?

The current F12/F13 is still quite sporty in comparison to an S Class Coupe and lets not forget that around Hockenheim that the M2, M4 and M6 all get a 1:12.xx lap.

However I don't see that there is room for a future 6 coupe and an 8 coupe. It'd have to end up like this:

4GC continues and has an M4 GC option next time around with higher end 4 and 6 cylinder options (I don't think a 420i is needed)

3GT and 5GT can go and die in a fire

640/650/M6 stay effectively as they are now, closely related to the 5 series but only coupe and vert. Keep the same 6 and 8 cylinder options. I'd love to see a transaxle but I am sure that is being way too optimistic.

8 series comes out closely related to the 7 series and with 4 doors, kind of like the F10 to F06 transformation at the moment. 6, 8, 12 cylinder options. This is the F06 replacement.

Z6 or Z8 comes out to fight the 2 seat sports cars. Has to have a V8 option. Prefer a transaxle to get more weight onto the rear. Still allows for a Z4 or Z5 to sit below it only going up to an i6 engine.
Appreciate 0