Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post

That's great for new devs joining the ranks, but the true genius is on the teams who worked to make this happen in the first place. Such opportunities to work on new more advanced technologies and systems, both in software and in hardware, will be, I think, plentiful in the coming decade. I have no intention of going to a different field.

This field is not going anywhere and with the proliferation of IT use for nearly every facet of business as well as personal consumption, coupled with the high rate of relatively useless graduates whose ramp up time to get into mid level positions in their field is high, it's safe to say that the field is in no danger of being over saturated. This is provided you stand above that crowd, by having advanced knowledge of how it all works. This is accomplished by Knowing Your Shit(tm).
Solid post. I think what we both lightly overlooked is that we didn't define 'cloud architect' as it is quite a loose term.

To add to this- MSFT, Google, AWS, Amazon will recruit grads, as do most T1s. If you're good, try and get picked up in one of their campaigns. A few years in MS or similar will be a great foundation.

Knowing you shit is a good way to position it, David. My view is that the top talent will always have a fun job- if they want it. So far I'm yet to see anything to the contrary.

R.
Appreciate 0