Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive28i M Sport

How to access fuse panel? Glove box will not release

The manual says:

Quote:
Access to fuse box:
1. Open the glove compartment.

2. Release the damper from the bottom holder by applying pressure toward the front, arrow 1.

3. Unlock the glove compartment by pressing on both tabs, arrows 2, and fold down.
I've found the damper and that comes off easily. I've released the right (outboard) tab on the side of the glove box. But where is the tab on the left (inboard) side of the glove box? And which direction do you push it to release and swing the glove box down and out of the way?

I checked the archives already and came across the following about the 1-series glove box, is ours similar?

Quote:
a) opening the glove box isn't terribly complicated... once you know what to do. I just went out and did it again and it took me less than 30 sec. It did take me literally 20 mins the first time.

b) There are 2 catches, one on each side. The problem is, while similar in design (you push a plastic tab in until the stop releases, they have completely different feel (at least in my car). The left one comes out easily, while the right one you have to push in A LOT. Obviously, the concern is how far to you push and when will the tab break? If you are a first timer, you won't know that until you've spent 20 mins thinking there must be something else holding it, and are desperate or frustrated enough to say "F it. I'm going to break this tab!"
Since I can't see the fuse panel yet, can anyone tell me what kind of fuses I should expect to see? (Mini, micro, low-profile-mini?)

Favorite Former Rides: 11 Ford F-150 Limited | 09 A4 S-Line Avant / 08 Audi TT S-Line / 03 Ford SVT Lightning / 01 Ford SVT Lightning / 93 BMW 740iL / 90 BMW 535iM / 86 Porsche 944 Turbo / 83 Porsche 944

Appreciate 0