View Single Post
      05-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #1
jm60011
Rep
Drives: X1 35i

35i transmission question

Hey guys,

Random question, I have about 3000km on the clock now and my only real disappointment with the car is the tranny. I had high hopes, from reading a lot of reviews, also liked the idea of the 6spd robustness over the 8spd. I came from a GTI with DSG and it was 100x better then what I am dealing with (quality of shifts and smoothness). Since the first week I have had really odd shifts especially in the lower gears, seems to be hunting for the best gear, lurching upon finally deciding what gear it wants. Doesn't give me the solid German feel that my dad's old 02 SL500 gives. Just over all feels very sloppy, especially for being German. I have driven all kinds if cars in my life, father owned a car wash for 15+ years of my life. Really I am just wondering if any other owners feel this, or is the something possibly amiss with my tranny? I also have flashed the Alpina software to try and make it smoother and shift better and i really like what the software does but it just doesn't eliminate the sloppiness of the tranny, and in some cases makes it lurch harder because the shifts are so much quicker.. Any insight would be much appreciated, also if it is normal I would like to know because I really don't want to hassle the dealer for no reason and I don't just want them changing things for no reason, in a lot of cases this makes things worse before better.

Thanks for looking
Jm
Appreciate 0