View Single Post
      06-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrakaknox View Post
not to mention, the approx. $4k savings I would realize on a 28i could be put towards some nice light weight wheels, tune, and some other little goodies....
Cost difference between the two, based on desired options is actually as low as $500.

Are you going to be tracking the car? First thing I would do recommend a different car. Second is spend money on suspension and tires. The X1 suspension is very soft so at minimum I'd look into the m-sport for you but it's not a big difference and based on my laps on the ring and 1800 miles in Europe (I haven't gotten the car back to the US yet to run on tracks I have a baseline for) in the X1 I'd really question it being anywhere good enough that engine weight, lighter weight wheels (the X1 wheels really aren't that bad) would be anywhere near the top of the list of my mods for increasing track times. Goodies are a fast way to change your class in racing and make it hard to compete when there are more serious flaws with key handling attributes. Anti roll bars, tires, then suspension would be at the top of my list as those IMO would make the biggest difference in reducing times, regardless if it's a 28i or 35i, as this is the biggest flaw in the X1. Straight line performance and braking I'd take the 35i with a staggered setup without question.

Last edited by edx1; 06-05-2013 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0