View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

Bill, I don't mind flipping the interior mirror, it's the exterior rearview mirrors that would be nice to dim. Going down long roads at night where deer lurk just off the road when you have lights coming from the sideview mirrors is a little annoying. I often end up driving with my left hand pressed against the window to block the left sideview mirror reflection and drive on the more right side of the road to keep the cars headlights behind me from reflecting headlights through the right sideview mirror).

I've been enjoying 28mpg for some time and going to 20mpg (I'd rather get up to speed faster than drive over the speed limit, so lots of revs/gas used from stops) would cost maybe a few hundred more a year, but in 5-10 years if our gas prices became like Europes I'd probably be hating the mpg. But I see the 5.3s 0-60 on the xDrive35i (Isn't it also a similar twin scroll turbo, just on a v6?) compared to the 6.3s on the xDrive but I'm really not sure when 1s would make a difference, any scenarios other than racing or bragging rights where 6.3 wouldn't be fast enough but 5.3 would?

Good to know the power seats should last a long time. For some reason I have in my memory that power seats are usually the first thing to fail on a bmw and easily run over a grand to fix minor problems with them. I don't mind few hundred dollar repairs every couple years, it's when there's a comma in a repair bill every year that I'd get annoyed quickly.

We do have pets, and the dogs don't like to ride in kennels or pet seats. I'm likely going to keep my current car for transporting the dogs (which I'm reading leather and pets do not go together) and it does snow a lot so leather is just looking like a bad choice for me.

I really which you could retro fit adaptive xenon lamps and dimming exterior sideview mirrors for under $2k, I'd do that in a heartbeat and just go for the xDrive28i.

Last edited by edx1; 10-11-2012 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0