View Single Post
      02-15-2014, 12:09 PM   #22
halfmoonclip
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 28i

In a more serious vein, it is frequently illegal, or simply a really bad idea, to display a weapon in a vehicle. Even the time honored gun rack in the back window of pickup trucks has become somewhat rare here in Westsylvania, in what is arguably hunting country. If the OP can still find such things, they potentially could be screwed to the backs of the second row of seats, tho' I suspect an assembled 870 would be too long.
For the OP, have a hard look at some of the 'under the floor' suggestion I gave you, or perhaps a softside shotgun case that isn't shaped like a gun (there are some rectangular ones available that don't especially look like what they are); you can decide if you want the gun to remain assembled or taken down. The takedown cases have two compartments but are shorter; they keep the components from marking each other. Some areas require weapons be cased and empty for transport.
A visible weapon has some potential for complicating any number of situations, and it also encourages theft, tho' behind the second row of seats is at least out of sight with the hatch cover in place. I'm a great supporter of the Second Amendment, but keeping a low profile is not without merit.

Moon
Appreciate 0