01-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
JeF4y
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 X1 35i M-sport

Took a break, now I'm back!

Been a few years.

Picked up a loaded Z4 35i when the hardtop was released back in 09:
(thread from ordering through PDC pickup)
http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273587

We had the Z4 for a bit over 2 years and our lifestyle changed with a move from Milwaukee, where I drove 30-50+ mi/day to Midtown Atlanta where we walked everywhere. The Z4 was sitting in the garage, getting driven maybe once every 2 weeks and it was our only car (with 3 of us in the house). Our son was looking at getting his license and we were starting a business so the Z4 just wasn't fitting our needs.

We decided to scale back and picked up a Nissan Juke SL. AWD & loaded with every option, it was like $27k otd. A HUGE difference obviously from the BMW.

BUT, the BMW did that thing that BMW does... It spoiled literally every other car I could drive. The Nissan was great for being a cheap car, but it just felt so cheap/shoddy. The seat leather was more high-grade plastic. The entire interior was plastic. Nothing was finished well, etc etc etc.

The itch came back to get into another BMW, and in looking I found that the X1 would really meet our needs. It's small enough to be a city car, yet big enough to meet our needs for our business.

I really wanted to order and do the PDC with my son, but also didn't want to wait the 2 mos for delivery. I found an X1 that had almost every option I wanted.

35i - Mineral Gray - M Sport package - Ultimate package - Heated Seats.

The only other option I would have chosen would have been the upgraded stereo, but frankly the stock one is not that bad.

Ended up with a lease that was only about $100 more than what I was paying for the juke financing. Leasing just made more sense due to how little we drive.

Been nothing but grins since we drove it home on Mon! Now I just wish I could get the iPhone snap-in adapter to take advantage of the BMW Apps. Not sure why they are ALWAYS behind on this (had the same problem with the Z4).

Anyhow, that's my story! =)

Glad to be back!
-Jeff

Prev: 09 Z4 35i Black w/white napa leather & every option possible =)
Appreciate 0