954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

***I decided to merge the 2 threads***

BMW Motorsport Announce Drivers for Nordschleife Campaign
Published March 16 2015

BMW Motorsport today announced the drivers who will take part in the opening round of the VLN on the 28th of March, where BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS will compete with two BMW Z4 GT3s.
"We're convinced that with BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS and BMW Sports Trophy Team Schubert, as well as our outstanding driver line-up, we are in an excellent position for the endurance season on the Nurburgring-Nordschleife," said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. "Our team has a mix of old-hands and young talent, who all have experience of the Nordschleife, are familiar with GT racing and are fast even in difficult conditions. With this combination we are ready for success in the special challenges that the Nordschleife has in store once again in 2015."

The two BMW teams will start the VLN season with some of the most experienced drivers on the Nordschleife. This track is like a second home to Lucas Luhr (DE), Jorg Muller (DE), Dirk Muller (DE), Dirk Werner (DE), Dirk Adorf (DE) and Claudia Hartgen (DE). They have all celebrated countless victories there. The other drivers Jens Klingmann (DE), Markus Palttala (FI), winner of the 2014 BMW Sports Trophy, Alexander Sims (GB), Dominik Baumann (AT) and Nick Catsburg (NL) also have a vast experience of GT racing and the Nordschleife. Richard Westbrook (GB), who has been an established name in international GT racing for many years, makes his debut in the BMW Z4 GT3.

Also, four BMW DTM drivers, notably reigning champion Marco Wittmann (DE), are in action for the VLN and the qualifying races. Augusto Farfus (BR) celebrated overall victory in the 24-hour race with BMW Motorsport in 2010, Maxime Martin (BE) won the heart of fans with strong performances in the Eifel in the past. Martin Tomczyk (DE) and Wittmann have also contested many successful races on the Nurburgring-Nordschleife and are looking to add to their success rate on this track.

"I'm looking forward to getting the season on the Nordschleife underway," reckoned Bas Leinders, BMW Sports Trophy Team Marc VDS team principal. "We see that BMW Motorsport have once again assembled a strong squad to attack the Nordschleife this season. This campaign is important to Marc VDS and to BMW, and that's clear from the drivers they've announced here. We know the BMW Z4 GT3 is a fantastic weapon for this kind of racing, we showed that with victories last year, and I hope we can prove that again in 2015."

The teams' exact line ups will be released at a later date.

BMW Motorsport welcomes Richard Westbrook in the driver line-up for the VLN season opener on 28th March on the Nordschleife

Honda Accord gets a bit squirrely around 1:02.
Lots of BMW's one that (I think) is drifting. The Golf tries to, spins then drives off slowly hoping no one saw it.

and then we get to 2:20. Poor 1'er.

This is from the VLN test day recently. The chrome SLS AMG is sick

MarcVDS Z4 GT3 around 30 seconds in. the 0:46 seconds in is - I forget the BMW team. They are at 2:15 along with MarcVDS again. and then I think it's either Bonk or Sorg right around 2:44.
The Maserati at 1 minute looks sinister.

I dont like the blue/yellow livery on the Aston Martin, but I would still drive it haha

R8, Ferrari, Mercedes, the BMW Z4 GT3 hard on the throttle. SLS again, another 458 and then another SLS - the chromed livery is popular again this year. Then we have a 911 that sounds really good, then the Black Falcon Porsche and a 3rd Porsche. The lime green TTRS looks nice. Finally a silver TTRS with a green wing and finally the ugly TTRS from Møller Bil Motorsport. Sorry, a dull purple/red/grey does not a stiking car make!

If you're not already, this onboard in a Porsche GT3 should get you excited for this upcoming season!!

MarcVDS iRacing the Z4 GT3 haha ... pass that Porsche!!

Appreciate 0