View Single Post
      03-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
Spinynorman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark13 View Post
i test drove the 28i and noticed at least .5 sec of throttle lag... thats why i ended up getting the 35i. it would drive me nuts in everyday driving. the throttle lag existed regardless of whether you eased into the throttle or floored it immediately. its very common for 4-turbos but here its worse than i've seen in audi and vw 2.0Ts
Yes, there is a slight but noticeable time delay when the throttle is first applied. It is not 'free play' or a 'gap' for the first 5-10% of throttle. If you hold the throttle at 5% the car will accelerate, slowly. However, if you are stopped and then stab the throttle to the floor and release it immediately, nothing happens! No engine revving, no car movement. It is annoying, but my Infiniti EX35 had the same thing so I kind of got use to it.

After doing some research, I decided to try the PedalBox. I just got around to installing it this past weekend. Unfortunately, the results were disappointing. It had no effect at all when doing the 'stab test' on any of the PedalBox settings. However, I did find a setting that I found a little more responsive and enjoyable in stop and go driving, so I think I'll keep it. But for most people I don't think it's worth the money.
Appreciate 0