View Single Post
      06-25-2022, 11:10 AM   #60
NMX1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 35i M sport

Thanks, Wheela. That was a good to-the-point clarification of TCU and DME, and your approach makes perfect sense (and confirms what I'd been suspecting I should do). I also had a quick manual car before my X1, a 2002 WRX with intake, exhaust, a light flywheel and an engine tune, all on the original turbo, which made for great acceleration and fun driving. I can see the X1 being every bit as fun but a lot more refined, can't wait to see how the modifications affect the car.

Would you recommend just going to the xHP web site and purchasing the flash combo (flash license + map pack) directly through them? I.e., this? (see below)

I'll wait to see how the xHP does as a solo modification, and then I'll likely want to go ahead with a DME flash. One thing I'm wondering about that is since I've been bringing the car into BMW for scheduled servicing (now at nearly 60K miles, last service about a month ago), I'm wondering if my DME has been locked and is in need of unlocking before I can install a do-it-yourself flash?

Thanks again, super helpful!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0