View Single Post
      02-15-2016, 10:26 PM   #68
stanjohn123
India
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolinX1 View Post
Checking in. I have had zero issues at all since my last post. Figured out how to switch my daytime running lights to only the corona rings using bmwhat app thanks to advice from Njerts. Also programmed the Orange corner lights to be off at all times except when blinker is needed. The aftermarket housings have clear lenses in that orange area, so it looks amazing and incredibly aggressive.

No more abnormal flickering. No dash lights. No condensation or premature wear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njerts View Post
Mine is actually pretty good as is, I like the purple line at cut-off.
Did you do a proper aim adjust for your lights (25' away from a wall on a level surface with a 2" drop from headlight centre)
I will let my wife drive behind me to see what it looks like when we go out in separate cars again.
As you say, the guys in the HID forums find the rainbow effect desirable in their retrofits.

Also, you can shim the bulbs to make your hotspot softer, but you will lose light. (if it really bothers you)
@ Spoolin and Njerts : It's great to you see you guy's constantly updating this thread.

I'm planning to buy from the same seller as you guy's but I have a few doubts before making my purchase.

I thought of purchasing the 4 X HID's ( CN Lights brand ) and 4 X Ballasts ( Hyluxtec brand )

My question is

1) what type should be the 2 pair's of HID bulb's that can fit easily into the projectors without any modifications or cutting ? ( eg. H4 , H1 or D2S etc )

2) If I buy these light's and ballasts, what else should I buy to make it compatible with my X1's default connectors ? Is there some kind of separate wiring harness and error cancellers like Canbus cancellers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstolpner View Post
I haven't done any work on the X1 but I've ordered xenon lights and ballasts from China before and a few of them have arrived dead or died shortly after installing and using them (I mean just a couple weeks of use and then dead).

If you can replace the ballast or the bulb you can try that, might end up being cheaper than the shipping cost.
If you're ordering Xenon light's from China, go for the brands mentioned below as they are the best Chinese brands available.

1) CN Lights branded HID's.

2) Hyluxtek branded Ballasts.
Appreciate 0