View Single Post
      09-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #41
BlackJackel
Private
Rep
Drives: Black X1 35i, Dinan stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
BTW, both the GLA45 AMG and the Porsche Macan S start at under 50k. So if you are comparing stripped cars, then that would be your starting price point.

As for handling, I'm guessing the X1 can probably out handle the GLA, but the Macan is supposed to handle far better than any SUV on the market. It's a more expensive vehicle, but you probably get what you pay for.

As for me, my X1 was MSRP 37k, and I got it for 33k with the tech package (navigation is a must for me). There was nothing else in that price range that was comparable. The only other luxury brand SUVs that were available were all well over 40k. Now the Q3 and GLA are out, so there are some other options, but last year they were not for sale in the US.

As for future cars, I'm kind of liking the look of the new X2 that is supposed to come out in a couple of years. I hope they release it in a 3-door like the Evoque. I could see myself in one of those.
AMG and Macan start at over loaded X1 price (and similar options add up fast $)

Getting what you pay for? No disagreement, but you ARE paying a lot more.

Agreed, the X2 would be cool.

BTW, the future X4M should be an even better option for the ~$70k "as tested" price range. Plus Dinan just made a 500+ hp tune for the M3/4 engine it will be using
Appreciate 0