View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

Have a loaner and.........

Dropped of my 2014 28I Xdrive for service (have for 3 weeks) and I have 328I as a loaner. I see some very distinct differences in the performance, any ideas on the following:

GAS PEDAL:
--------------
328I - pedal is buttery soft, no effort to press

X1 - pedal is firm and you need to apply significant pressure

BRAKING:
------------
328I - touch the brake with very little effort and the car stops smoothly and quickly

X1 - need to apply 2 -3 x's the pressure and seems to take much longer to stops and doesn't feel smooth like the 328I. Could this be that they need more break in time (650 miles now) ?

ACCELERATION:
-------------------
328I - again smooth and responsive - SEAMLESS is the best word
X1 - responsive but it feels labored in comparison to the 328I

ASS (AUTO START STOP):
------------------------------
328I - when it restarts it is smooth and though you notice it starting it seems quiet and smooth

X1 - when it restarts the starter and engine kicks and you feel the car reaction / jerk

SIDE VIEW MIRROR AT NIGHT:
-----------------------------------
328I - clear and easy to see what is on the passenger side of the car

X1 - it is very dark and is hard to determine what is next to you. The side marker light in the mirror when signaling to move over seems to blind you to what is next to you because the image in the mirror is so dark. Could it be so dark because of the auto dim feature and if so is there a way to turn the auto dim down or off ?completely?

RIDE QUALITY / COMFORT:
-------------------------------
The loaner 328i rides as if it doesn't have run flats. it feels like a smooth luxury car ride as compared to the X1. There are specific road imperfections in my daily commute that require me to slow down to 5 miles an hour to guide my X1 through them and still you feel a thump and feel the suspension give where as over the same road imperfection you can be going 35 MPH in the 328I and hardly feel the rut.

I really liked my X1 till now. Now I feel as if the X1 is inferior in many respects, any info or thoughts that would help love my X1 again would be welcomed and appreciated. I understand that I have an SAV / all wheel drive but I would think that things like gas pedal operation, brake operation smoothness ans such should be comparable in all BMW's

Thanks
Appreciate 0