11-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Thanks for your comment Mario486. There is no big price difference between the 18d and the 20d (comparing to the price of the whole car with some extras). I'll think about it. According to the "paper" comsumption-wise the 2 car is the same. How much does your "eat"? Is it around 6,2 (avg) as the catalogue says or is it just a fairy tale. (I know it depends on the driving style).

Do you have the paddles on the steering wheel? This is only option with 20d. And sounds interesting, but not sure if I'd use it that much. Thanks again.
Hi, My X1's consumption is coming down slowly the more miles I do. Open road its now at about 46mpg (6.1 l/100km) and around town 33mpg (8.4 l/100km). I think the official figure is best case scenario with careful driving. It certainly is the lowest of any car I have owned. To give you an idea its lighter than my new Mini Cooper.

Don't have the paddles as I forgot to ask for them. Wanted them just for the novelty factor but don't regret not taking them. I find I keep the box in Drive most of the time. Its only when I have an open bendy road in the highlands that I put it into Sport (Triptronic) mode. You know that you can do that without the paddles? You then change up and down through the gear stick.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0