04-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #7
skylineguv
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 Macan Turbo, Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Uh, the Evo is all about twisty roads and pretty much awful at highway driving. If you don't need the utility of the X1 or some of the creature comforts Evo all day long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I thought it was awful at low speed driving and bumps, but got comfortable once up to speed?

It's reasonable on the highway, but that's not it's forte by any means. It also has a fairly small fuel tank which can get annoying on a long run.

In all honesty, it's a vehicle that's hard to justify unless you try really hard. Utility wise it's far from brilliant. It's got a limited range per tank and is only marginally better than an X1 35i fuel consumption wise. The interior is basically the same as a $15k Lancer DE with the exception of some leather etc. It's really not that cheap and servicing the SST can get expensive.

BUT, it IS a fantastic, fun car to own. The SST is a good transmission. It's quick, agile, and just plain laughably good in winter conditions (when shod with decent winter tires obviously). It has a really nice balance to it's handling too.....not all front end push like a good number of similar cars. From time to time, I really do miss mine. I can't really put my finger on it, but it just felt good to own in spite of it's annoyances.

Last edited by skylineguv; 04-08-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0