View Single Post
      10-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #30
Douggie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1, X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
I had the RWD 335i and find the X1 is 95% of the fun factor, but also 10x more comfy than the 3er.

I would guess the gap on comfort between the F30 3er and X1 will close, but don't expect it to be as comfy, however I don't think the new F30 will be as fun as the old car.

Why?

Because the E90 was not as focused as the e46, and that in turn was not as good as an E30 for fun, never owned an E36.

The E60 was not as driver focused as the E39, and the F10 is the most boring BMW I have ever driven, we had one here for 10 weeks and then we sold it as no one wanted it after they had driven it for more than a week.
I am praying that the F30 will be more driver focused and not going in the same direction as the 5er, but I think it is getting more and more grown up, and listening to BMW talking about luxury and comfort leads me to think that they are definitely going in that direction.
To be fair if they just ditched the run flats they would have the comfort back without having to sacrifice handling.
You are dead on with the F10 being a boring car. It is too big of a car and there is no feedback from the road at all. Feels like a "zombie". Everything is way too assisted. I guess that's what they call luxury.

I have no doubt that the F30 is going to be that way as well. More luxury and less driving pleasure. I would think it is going to be similar to the latest Merc C class sort of handling.

Even underpowered, I still love my wife's x1
Appreciate 0