View Single Post
      10-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #20
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
One trick ponies no longer interest me. The X5M is plenty fun to drive, plenty useful and plenty comfortable. So its not really comparable. If break neck launches, savage acceleration and eating corners in a comfortable SUV isn't fun; than I don't want to have fun by bouncing all over the road in car with track stiff suspension, on low profile tires in cement seats dodging every pebble in sight. Ive been through it, owning track tuned coupe of any degree is a pain in the ass and took its toll on my patience.

I get the GTR and NSX are faster but honestly they have a lot more to worry about on the road then i do. Ive never felt so confident in a car's chassis as i do the X5M, nothing shocks it and it eats corners with ease. Its really been a pleasure to own thus far.

MTs review of the GTS says all i'm trying to say but in an exaggerated degree of course.
I think a lot of views are colored by whether you go out and do track days. An X5M would not be able to do more than a couple of laps before overheating tires, brakes and become a nightmare to control at the limit with the high center of gravity. It would not be fun at all to drive. The GTR and NSX are track capable cars and at home in that environment.

Ideally, I'd have the weekend fun car for personal fun use and something more practical for every day.