07-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbel View Post
Advice needed: I'm a relapsed BMW owner (had two 5 series in the past, best cars I've ever owned), and now looking to rejoin the fold if I can find the right car. I live in the south of france, with most driving being a mixture of urban and country, but with fishing/skiing being my main summer/winter hobbies. Skiing is about a 3 hour autoroute drive from home. Fishing could be anywhere. I like the general spec and looks of the X1. Having something reasonably small helps with parking in France. The idea of a quality 4x4 appeals to me, especially if the consumption is reasonable. Can anyone advise me on a choice of model in the X1 range?
Hi barbel, welcome to the forum

I think the best would to be to try and read as many of the threads on here as you can. Especially the older posts around a year ago contain lots of discussions on the various models as they came out.

Not sure which engine types you get there but the first decision would be, petrol or diesel?

We don't get petrols here but in my opinion the 2.0d XDrive in auto is the pick of the bunch, although I am sure some of our friends on here would disagree

Anyway, the next step would be to try and test drive as many different variants as you can. We will help with the options as well
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0