View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #54
MazdaFan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive 28i

I have the xDrive28i with metallic paint, sport line, ultimate package and heated seats.

All options are desirable but to control cost I suggest the following options (excluding metallic paint which is personal preference):

- Tech package (the car needs some info screen so even though I don't need the navigation having the screen is a big plus.)
- heated seats or cold weather package (if you are in a cold climate)
- Ultimate package: if you are already getting tech package and one more option like leather seat, pano roof, driver assistance or premium then it makes sense to spend just a bit more and get the whole enchilada.
- Xenon lights (this is the only option that I regret not having. Once you get used to xenon adaptive lights, regular halogens feel a huge step down.)
- Sport line (I wish I had xenon lights instead of sport line, but the red stitching and sport seats raise interior one step up).
- Paddle shifters: Probably you have to order your car to get this, but if you are doing so, at $120 there is little reason not to get it, even if it is not used that often.

I think for an economy configuration I will get a no-line car with tech package and heated seats. If I want to spend more I will get ultimate package, cold weather package, lighting package and paddle shifters. For a loaded car I will go with ultimate, cold weather, lighting, paddle shifters and sport line (I don't recommend m-sport because the sport line ride is already borderline harsh). I won't spend more than this configuration for an X1 because the interior quality can't justify the price. If your budget is higher then get a different car, a 3 series touring or GT, upcoming 4 series GT, Q5 or Audi allroad.
Appreciate 0