View Single Post
      11-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #47
NorthIsUp
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xDrive28i

I recently turned 60 and wife insisted on buying me a new car for my birthday. I wanted another new Subaru, but the only feasible dealer within a hour's drive was a no-show. Couldn't get anyone to help me. Ten minutes walking around the dealership on a hot Saturday afternoon and I'm totally ignored. End of that upgrade story. A week later, she calls me from the BMW dealership where she's with our adult daughter having fun test driving various cars. Daughter already has an X5. I head over there reluctantly and see what they have for me. I knew nothing about modern BMWs. I had a used 1970 2000 4-dr sedan when I was stationed in Germany many years ago. I liked the idea of the 320i and waited a week for one to come in to test drive. It comes in, I can't bend over enough to fit in it comfortably. I fooled everyone and tried an X1 and I like it. Buy one a few hours later. I wish I had done more research.

I have a midnight blue loaded base model, which I really like. The lighting package is the only thing I don't have and miss, now that I know more about it. Angel lights haunt me in my sleep!

Last edited by NorthIsUp; 11-03-2013 at 11:13 PM..
Appreciate 0