View Single Post
      07-16-2014, 11:29 PM   #41
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sent you a PM about your issues. You need to send me a list of the codes so I can help.

So I finally have the JRZ and M3 suspension on. Ran into an issue where JRZ didn't include a part that delayed installation, but we got it done. Also had an issue where the stock end-links are too long for the M3 rear swaybar; turns out that Subaru STI endlinks fit perfectly and are shorter so we used those instead. They are also made out of metal vs. the stock plastic ones, which is nice. Rear installation for the subframe bushings and sway is a pain on this car, plan on paying a hefty amount for labor - but it makes a very big difference.

My company sponsored Rally North America and the 4200 mile road trip (and hitting 3 tracks) gave me the perfect opportunity to get to know the suspension setup better.

In short, it is pretty remarkable. We settled on an alignment running -2.9 camber in the front and just a bit less in the back, with a touch of toe out in the front. The JRZ dampers are incredible - damping motions happen so quickly that even running the suspension pretty firm (17 out of 24) it is more comfortable than the stock suspension was. The stock suspension had a tendency to crash over bumps - the JRZ just gets them over with in one extremely fast damping motion, and the car does not bounce or sway afterwards.

I did not slam the car height-wise, I settled on a more functional and ideal height from a performance and alignment perspective. I found that 14 clicks front and 15 clicks rear is ideal on the street, where as I like 17 all around on the track.

Here are a few pictures of the car during Rally North America

And yes, this is me beating a R8 in a drag race (both in ET and trap)

Last edited by paradoxical3; 07-16-2014 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0