11-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
Yesterday, I left my car to the dealer for routine maintenance and rear brake pad change. Today at 10.00 AM I got a call that my car was finished and my advisor told me I can pick it up. At 15.30 when I was on my way to the dealer I got a call that someone hit my car from the driver side and ran away. They offered me a free fix "door panel has to be changed". I insisted they trade my car with a new one and count it as if it is not damaged "Painted cars' 2nd hand prices drop dramatically in Turkey". The dealer accepted my offer since they are also the distributor of BMW in Turkey. They are going to make me an offer tomorrow but the problem is that I bought the car for 51K Eur, now a brand new one with exactly same specs costs 57K. They said they are going to offer a lower price just for this case. I think they have to sell me the new one without any making any profit. We'll see what will happen tomorrow.
So sorry to hear that Mozdal! Hope it works out for you. You are right to insist that they sort it and give you a like for like replacement. The car was in their care and they need to look after it.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0