View Single Post
      08-11-2015, 08:47 PM   #15
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post

Stuff like the rear end bouncing and the car being unsettled over highway expansion joints just shouldn't happen, it is ridiculous. I would never accept that.

Of course not, hence the reason for this thread. It's also extremely common when adding lowering springs to cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Suspensions are complicated, and labor to tweak them is expensive. I have learned this the hard way. Find a shop that actually has a racing program and understands how suspensions work to set up your car.
Thanks for the tip. I know you're a guy that uses a shop for his wrenching...which is never a bad way to go.

I'm an ex-ME, who's hand fabricated a few open wheel formula cars in my day, done ground up suspension work in Mitchell, worked for Sachs, etc.

I'm just fine trying things in the driveway on the weekends for my wife's daily driver.

You simply can't make the statements you're making because neither you, nor any "race shop", has tried yet regarding the X1. Hell, it's a 14 week wait for decent aftermarket front struts. As far as I can tell, no one on the boards has even bolted a set on yet.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 0