View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #1
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Positive observations on X1

Had our Black/Coral Red X1 28xdrive MSport a few days and noticed some positives that I've not seen elsewhere on this forum.
Floor mats are black with red piping - very nice.
Contrast black stitching on the Coral Red leather looks very nice.
Crosshatch aluminum trim is significantly darker than the regular aluminum trim and looks excellent.
Did not realise before ordering that it came with roof and knee airbags to supplement the front and side airbags. Pleasant surprise.
The tailgate pulls appear to have been modified. Had difficulty closing the tailgate on the units that first appeared here as the twin tailgate indentations were flat and I had difficulty getting enough downforce to close. Our tailgate has slight lips on the indentations and it closes much more easily than I was expecting. Thank you BMW for modifying the design.
Steering (no servo) feels quite heavy compared to my X3 MSport, but is not bothersome (most of our miles are freeway/highway). Suspect it may be way too heavy for a lot of people.
Chose not to upgrade from the stock 18" mixed wheel/tire offering.
Tires are Pirelli Cinturato P7 (255/40R18 95v rear and 225/45R18 91V front).
No real driving impressions yet as the roads by home started a reconstruction project the day after delivery. Big sections of asphalt cut and removed to a depth of several inches. Perilous driving condition going over a small cliff into small stretch of moonscape then scale small cliff and repeat!!! Should be back to normal in a few days. Murphy's law!!! Only positive is that the tint is getting a chance to cure in the Texas sun for a few days.
Only bummer so far is that it does not have the ambient lighting iDrive adjustment that seems to be on the X and Sport trims with the lighting package.
Wish list for the perfect world - blind spot monitors, heated MSport steering wheel and triple parking camera system a-la X3 (zero scuffs or kerb rash on the X3 thanks to this).
Swmbo is the photographer and is promising to take pics imminently. Will post when available.
Happy trails y'all.
PS Special mention to our dealer, Autobahn BMW in Ft. Worth, and specifically SA's Chad and Brian and GM Aaron for taking such good care of us. All round excellent experience. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Irish-Texan; 11-18-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0