View Single Post
      03-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #77
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric5273 View Post
I consider both luxury items. But yes, I don't need auto closing doors. What I miss from my X5 is more the quality of the vehicle in terms of how quiet it was. I'm guessing the window glass and doors were thicker, and there was more insulation. It was also much smoother over the bumps, yet handled just as good as my X1, maybe even a bit better. Also the quality of the interior was much nicer, everything was soft touch instead of the hard plastic we have in our X1s. The center console was wider and had more space to store things, more little compartments and such.

My problem is that I don't want a huge vehicle that is then going to get 15 mpg. When you get an X5 or X6 compared to an X1, you are paying all that extra money for much more than the size increase. It has many more features and is quieter, smoother ride, better quality interior, etc. I'd like them to put all of that into a smaller SUV.

Yes, I agree. Problem was I felt like the Evoque was way overpriced. It was definitely more of what I wanted than the X1. I suppose if I was buying the difference would have been closer, but I was leasing and my X1 cost me $360/month while the Evoque would have been about $200/month more.

Probably this was due to Land Rovers poor reliability and they don't hold their value well, so poor leasing rates.

For now I have my X1 for 32 more months, and I'm happy with it, but I do wish there had been more choices out there for me.
Well if they put all that luxury into x1 you might have to pay 200 more a month. I can't believe how cheap leases are on the x1. Hopefully if I ever sell mine I will get a lot of money back. I wonder what percentage of people do leases.
Appreciate 0