View Single Post
      10-04-2010, 06:05 AM   #4
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

Thumbs up X1 M Sport

I sold my Porsche earlier this year to buy an X1 23d, why? (this is for those of you "who don't get it")...I live in South West of England, the roads are potholed, narrow, often covered in run off from fields, parking spaces are not wide, and multi story car parks in Bristol and Bath present a real threat to your expensive alloys........oh and then there is the aging population many of whom quite frankly should not be driving! Try keeping a quality car in good condition in those 'real world' conditions.

The X5 is too wide/high, but the X1 23d with sports suspension and all of the toys does the job. The problem is that is so different nobody really knows what it is. If you compare the performance/consumption figures with the Porsche Cayenne and other 'prestige' SUV's you will realise the the X1/X3 leave them a long way behind.

I was going to get mine upgraded by AC Scnitzer next year but if these M Sport body panels are ok and they fit, then BMW will be requested to make the modifications. What I would really like is a three door version, with round wheel arches plus aero spoilers front and rear with real aluminium guards! Visualise it ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0