View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

What's stopping me from pulling the trigger...

Wifey loves the X1 - of all the cars we've driven (XC60R, Q5, Kia Sorento, Hyundai Tuscon & Santa Fe, WRX, X3, X6M, Evoque) she likes the X1 28i the best.

What's stopping me:

- The car doesn't feel "new" to me....it's missing so many things I would expect on a $45k car - electronic parking brake, power open/close trunk, etc. I feel like we may as well buy a 2009 X3 or something.

- The look of the car without the M package isnt anything special to me. Kinda rental car-ish. With the M package, she can't get Terra interior or matte wood trim (her 2 favorite aspects of the car) so no go there.

- The 35i would be a no brainer if it had the 8spd transmission. There is a noticeable difference in shift speed/accuracy with the 8spd vs the 6spd. Again, feels weird to buy a 2013 car with 2008 technology. 28i is great, but sounds puny and lacks the grunt of the 35...she likes the 28 because of the quick throttle response and better mpg. I prefer the power of the 35i...when I buy a car I want it to throw me back in my seat (hence why I was trying to sell her on the X6M) and the 35i does that better than the 28i.

Looking for feedback from those who agree, or think Im crazy. The car is hers not mine, so one thing I need to do is keep that in mind versus trying to find the perfect car for "us"...it's her car. At the same time I hate dropping $50k on something that doesn't blow both of us away. If it takes a bit more cash to find that car, I want to find it versus settling, but honestly I dont think it's out there. I want to buy this car, these things just keep holding me back.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0