View Single Post
      12-14-2010, 07:29 AM   #65
Denny Swift
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 992GTS; '20 Porsche Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
No offence intended, sorry. I have spent may weeks driving through the states and realy enjoy it. On average I am there every year. Went to Tahoe in January for some skiing and loved it. When there I do tend to avoid the large SUV's as rentals and normally go for something german (had a 325i last time). I would say that the X1 is smaller than a Outback. As Gatekeeper says above, its not a SUV. In fact I would guess that a Outback has more offroad ability. Onroad handling with light offroad ability, imo, its superior to a Impreza, the only Suburu I have driven extensively.
No offence taken at all. I agree with you 100%. I hate SUVs. I passed a guy in a Hummer this morning. I just can't drive past one of those without looking into the driver's eyes to see what kind of person would drive such a beast. Then there is the Cadillac Escalade which is another I can't quite drive by without shaking my head. Yes the X1 is smaller than the Outback. The new Outback is too big for me as is the Forester. The X1 may be a bit too nice as my "3rd" car but I guess I'll just have to suffer. I need a car with a minimal amount of off-road capability and a fair amount of storage capacity since my 335 coupe and Z4 are just for driving. I need to trail my dirt bike (Husaberg) and I also use my trailer a lot to haul building material for various projects or garden supplies. If I can't fit what I need in my trailer or if it's too heavy, I just have them deliver. It's kind of ironic that I actually do take my car off-road a bit while 99.9% of those who drive Hummers never do.
Appreciate 0