07-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #26
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
My X1 finished production July 21 and BMW of NA says only the dealer can track it the rest of the way. The on line information is a few days behind because it's still showing in production. The X1 is not moving production to the US, I read about every press release and blog I can find regarding BMW and have never seen any mention of X1 moving to SC. You may have it confused with the X4 which will begin production in 2013 or 2014 and it's made off the X3 guts but will be a cheaper and smaller X6 basically.
If you google it you get all kinds of info on it some say SC and majority says Germany. I was first told SC by the dealer and now he change to Germany with production starting in US next year.

All I know I super happy that this is what the truth is due to the QC is much better overseas vers here in the US. Yeh, I know this is debatable but Im just going from my past experiences with my X6....

How did you find out your x1 was finished in production? Mine still says in production and was ordered july12th