08-05-2016, 02:23 PM   #62
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Mine is being delivered today and since the ios app isn't ready yet, provided I can figure out how to get it loaded (assuming it's not available in the Amazon store) I should be able to use the android app on a Kindle Fire... correct?
In theory the Kindle Fire would be capable of running the app but there are a bunch of unknowns there in that its a custom android OS so it doesn't have direct access to the google play store (instead its the amazon app store). I am not sure if the app is listed on the amazon equivalent or not but I doubt it. Regardless you can apparently do soemthing to the kindle with free tools to have access to the normal google play store. The second element involved is I do not know what version of BT the kindle (depending on generation of the Fire) is running. Need to be bluetooth 4.0 or newer. Quite a few potential hoops.

Alternatively you can borrow a friend/coworkers Android for a bit to experiment, you could purchase a cheap Android device, or just simply wait for the iOS appdevice and experience the tune like it was new again once its released and you can toggle the race setting. =)
Appreciate 0