03-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #30
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
I have a spine that's fused too, which probably is part of the reason why I don't mind a harder suspension. It doesn't feel uncomfortable because there are no discs to compress.
I'm not super-tall, though, at a fairly average 6', so for me, the X1 M-Sport works surprisingly well compared to many other cars. The diagonal clearance is good. I sit down on the front of the seat, whip my head (and body) in, scoot back in the seat, and bring my legs in. But if really tall, yeah, I can see it being a problem, at least unless you pre-program one seat position just to get in and out.

It's harder to get in and out of an X3 for me because of the doors - I have to lower the seats to get in, or I'll clonk the door frame with my noggin. Not to mention that once I get in, the leg room is better in an X1 than an X3 (because the dashboard is smaller, thus further away). This was a deciding factor why I got an X1 instead of an X3.

My front seats are always kept at their fully lowered position. I too do the butt first and scootch in just so I can enter, and I usually bump my head anyway. I am only 6-2, but very long torso'd. The value equation may vary a great deal, depending on area. Edmunds called the X1 a flop, but the numbers listed above say different. My local dealer unloaded about 5 low mile examples, in all trim levels, for between 6-10k under list. I was shopping Subaru Forresters XT trim, and it was cheaper to get my 35i. I'd love a Macan, but seriously, over 60k with no nav? They're also 4-500 pounds heavier than the X1. Porsche SUVs are like the Nissan GTR; they're so cool, nobody notices they're really ugly.
Appreciate 0