View Single Post
      07-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #66
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Thought I'd post a couple pics to provide visual proof on my MPG. I suspect others are like me and don't necessarily take everything read here at face value. Especially the "prices paid" threads with the "under invoice and the salesmen gave me his first born child too!" type entries.

So after my first long road trip (about 800 round trip in my sDrive28, a lot of cruisy highway miles), I finally hit the sticker's avg consumption of 28.

Name:  X1 pic 1.JPG
Views: 378
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  X1 pic 2.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  36.6 KB

I am a Los Angeles resident, so I thought I would include avg speed as well. You can see I'm coming up on 9000 miles since purchase. Computer has never been reset.

I used cruise control a fair amount on the trip, and I always use EcoPro on freeways. At high speeds I don't feel EcoPro holds me back. I passed one annoying truck (passing an even more annoying truck on a two lane) on my trip and shocked myself by how quickly I went from 65 to over 90. Glad there wasn't a cop around at that moment. So that trip took me from avg MPG of 26.7, where I'd been stuck for quite a while, to 28 on the nose. Now that I am back to my usual LA commute, we'll see how long it stays there...
Appreciate 0