View Single Post
      10-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

it's time for Two sets of tires!

Hello all.. I have a 2013 X1 MSport with the 19 currently fitted with Pirelli run flats in OEM sizes..

First off.. I live in Texas.. so.. true winter tires are not really a need.... I mostly need a summer tire that's great in the rain and that might see a day or two of snow or ice once or twice a winter..

I have a set of OEM M sport 19 " wheels with 225/40/19 and 255/35 rear.
I have been trying to locate the OE offsets without removing the wheels but haven't been able to find the info by searching.

The continental DWS-06 seems great but may actually be overkill on the snow traction.

I use this car for daily driving as well as some road tours with highly spirited driving. I would like to go with a little wider set of tires for the street for daily use. I would love some recommendations on non OE tire sizes that won't make the traction control or speedo go crazy..

I also have a second set of (ASA) aftermarket wheels in 18 x 8.5 ET 30 front and 18 x 9.5 ET 45 for the rear..

I haven't decided yet what (if anything) to with these wheels.. If they fit.. ( I am not so sure about those rear offsets in ET45) I could put some super sticky tires on them for autocross just for fun. Or.. I could go with a more conservative truly all season tire and use them as " winter" wheels.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-14-2016 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0