View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 11:53 PM   #60
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Looking for advice now from all the wisdom here. I have been getting estimates on a new fence and was looking at the same style as our back fence which is near the same style as the neighbor, though his is much older. He now says he prefers to not spend any extra money and prefers the same style as before--you can see to the far right. The nicer fence would cost about $5K while the crappier style would be $1000 less. So, basically we would each pay $500 more assuming a split.
But he said if we want the nicer fence then we can pay the difference. My wife says why are we going to pay $2k for a fence we don't like when we could pay $500 more for the nicer one--which, by the way does match the style of his back fence as well.
As for insurance our deductible is $2500, which is no help and his is $1400.
Attachment 1573272
Normally, I'd say 6x6 and do it right. But, I read on another thread that you are thinking about Dinan Shockware. For for the extra $500 the better posts would cost (your 1/2) you could get Dinan Shockware. The crappier posts will last 10 years. In 10 years you can beat your self up for choosing the cheaper alternative. The Dinan Shockware will make you smile each day. Since your are clearly car first, yard second, the choice is pretty simple
Appreciate 0