Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F30 Black Saphire

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche3 View Post
Thanks for the reply,yes I'm in the uk so its using the abs system to monitor flat tyre pressures .
so it's a different system to USA fitment of valves
The system worked and I could reset the tyre pressures in idrive. But since tyre the repair it comes up with ftm system error.
My code reader flags a tyre deflation but clears

I will try to overinflate my tyres to see if this makes difference but can't see it working ,but hey I'll try anything maybe I'm doing something wrong

Handbook says start engine while stationary reset then drive ,I'm not sure if this correct also not sure what distance I have to travel for the system to learn the new pressures.

Help

Just wondering if anyone out there has come across this issue within planet bmw forum
hello, f30 user here

I just came across the same problem with you.. my f30 shown a flat tyre message on idrive and dashboard, it happen just after I drive back from wheel shop for wheel alignment and I add 38 psi for my 20inch wheel

so I do the reset on the idrive (same step like you mentioned, but i perform it during highway traffic ), after reset just drive your car normally for a while and voila those flat tyre message will disappear

hope this help